The management team of Ideal International have recognised that good environmental practice is vital to the survival and posture of both company and that of customers and suppliers and combined prosperity.
In order to take full advantage of the potential this offers, the company has implemented and maintains an Environmental Management System based on the requirements of ISO 14001 - 2004.
Our policy towards the effective management of the environment is as follows:
- We will, at all times, comply with mandatory legal requirements for all activities and processes carried out on the Rainham site and use whatever influence we can to promote the same to all suppliers and sub-contractors performing activities on our behalf, whether on or off site.
- We intend as a primary objective to continually reduce and, wherever possible, prevent pollution resulting from the company's activities and processes.
- We will utilise the full potential of the work force by providing all necessary training and a working environment that promotes safe and clean working practices.
- We shall continually monitor our activities and processes in order to ensure efficient use of resources and to identify actual or potential sources of pollution with a view to implementing controls and necessary emergency response procedures thus minimising waste generation, environmental impact and nuisance to neighbours.
- On an annual basis, we will review the environmental performance of the company in order to:
i) Ensure compliance with the requirements of legislation and this policy;
ii) Identify areas for improvement, set specific objectives for the company and, wherever possible, target dates for achievement.
In addition to this policy being displayed and distributed to all our employees, copies will be made available to any organisations or individuals without prejudice who make such a request.